1

I have had a lot of people ask me to explain how I manage to buy stuff from Amazon shops from Nigeria. The difficulty in buying from Amazon in Nigeria stems from the fact that Amazon is selective



of items they ship to Nigeria. Secondly, since Amazon does not require your PIN, most Nigerian Banks issuing Visa cards will not release payment until and unless PIN is provided. I take two easy steps to overcome these difficulties.



First, I get a USA address for free and use it as my shipping address on my Amazon profile- more on that in later. Second;y, I use Zenith Visa card to make my payments.



My experience is that most Nigerian banks will not release payment until and unless the card holder inputs his/her pin. It is for the above reason I recommend Visa card from Zenith Bank Plc. You can inquire from your bank if they can allow your card make online payments without the PIN.





If you do not know how to get your Visa card in Nigeria, read: "How I Got My Zenith Visa prepaid Card"





I like shopping on Amazon because it is by far cheaper, convenient, and I can get whatever I want from the comfort of my home and get it delivered to me within 2-3 weeks. Getting a free USA address for shipping your Amazon items to Nigeria is as easy as using the Post Office Box of a friend to receive your mails.



The need for the USA address, as I earlier remarked, stems from the fact that Amazon is selective of  purchased items been shipped to Nigeria. (There are some items they won't ship to Nigeria).



Let me draw an analogy of how the USA address system will work for the Amazon shopping and then continue to spell out how you can acquire your own address without fuss.




Just imagine l have a shipping company with one of the Post Office P.O box in Ogun State,  my area and they allowed me, who live in Ogun state to use this address to accept my mails. I have registered with his shipping company so they have my Ogun State address details in their data base which becomes a forwarding address.



So whenever I make payments for goods in Ogun, I use this shipping company’s address (P.O box) so the sellers send to the shipping company who receives and looks at their data base and forward same to me in Ogun State.



Now the use of the shipper’s address is free but shipping is not. The shipping will have their price and for international shipping it is charged mainly per pound weight or per kilogram weight. I currently pay 4 dollars per pound weight to ship from US to Lagos.



So How Do I Get Free US Address?



There are several shipping companies operating cargo services in Nigeria. My first advice is to approach the one you are familiar with or already have dealings with.



For me, I use Hont Global Services. I have not tried any other. I really don’t think I need to look for another because I have found my shipping company very reliable. You can use their contact details here and write to them. When they accept to have you onboard, they will send you a registration form to complete. Basically it is about your identity and forwarding address that are needed.



Once you have returned the completed form you will be created in their data base and you are ready to shop from Amazon or any other online shop for that matter with your Visa card. Remember, you will have to pay for shipping and international shipping is charged mainly per pound weight or per kilogram weight.



With this post of mine, I believe you will now find it easy to buy books online from Amazon store and even buy your Amazon Kindle and get it delivered to your doorstep in Nigeria. So go get your USA address and Visa card ready because next in this series I will show you how to use this address in your Amazon profile as well as the procedure I used to buy my Discovery Expedition Entertainment Projector.



Don’t forget to submit your email address for future updates






For you not to be missing my future free ebooks, freebies,articles and be getting them right inside your email inbox even when you are not on the internet, kindly go to Subscribe to TaiwoPublishing by Email and enter your email. Once entered, you will have to check your email for a confirmation email containing a confirmation link. Once you click on the confirmation link in the message, YOU WILL NEVER MISS MY FUTURE ARTICLES AGAIN.



Want to keep track of what is going on with me in my life and the tips I am sharing with my fans throughout the world, go to http://www.twitter.com/taiwoibiyemi  and click on FOLLOW. You will have to register a free account with twitter to FOLLOW ME if you are NEW to twitter.



If you want to add me as a friend on facebook or just want to know more about me and my friends including my pictures,go to http://www.facebook.com/ibiyemi.taiwo



Feel free to use the comment form below this post in asking me any question you might want to ask.




To your success




Taiwo Ibiyemi










Post a Comment

  1. I was surfing net and fortunately came across this site and found very interesting stuff here. Its really fun to read. I enjoyed a lot. Thanks for sharing this wonderful information. amazon affiliate

    ReplyDelete

 
Top